Chinese Bone Weight Fortune Telling of Yuan Tiangang
Bones weighing is one of the Chinese traditional methods of fortune telling. It is said the Chinese bone weight astrology was invented by Yuan Tiangang, a great master of I Ching in the Tang Dynasty (618-907). By weighing the bones of people based on Ba Zi, i.e. the birth year, month, date and hour in Chinese lunar calendar, the fortune telling is made according to the total weight of bones.
Free Online Bone Weight Fortune Telling Calculator
Select your gender, date of birth and time of birth, the bone weight calculator will help you do the calculations and provide the detailed readings to you.
How is the bone weight at birth calculated?
Since people's birth year, month, date and hour vary while the weight of different year, month, date and hour also varies, the bone weighing fortune-telling is calculated as follows: add the values of bone weight for your birth year, month, date and hour together to get the total bones weight. Then, check the "Songs on Weighing Bones" to read the analysis of your astrology.
1. The bone weight is measured in liang (tael) and qian (mace).
Half a kilo = 10 liang,1 liang =10 qian
2. If you were born between 11 and 12 p.m., your birth date is considered to be the next day.
3. If you were born in the first half of a leap month, your birth month is considered to be the current month and if you were born in the second half, it is considered to be the next month. For example, for the birth date of leap May 14, the birth month is considered to be May while the birth date of leap May 16, the birth month is considered to be June.
For example: A person was born at 1:00am, February 2 (the first day of the first Chinese lunar month) in 1984 (Jia Zi Year).
1. "bone weight" for 1984 Jia Zi Year: 1.2 liang
2. "bone weight" for the first lunar month: 0.6 liang
3. "bone weight" for the first day: 0.5 liang
4. "bone weight" for 1:00am: 1.6 liang
Add the four weight together (1.2+0.6+0.5+1.6=3.9) and get the bone weight for this person is 3.9 liang. Then check "Songs on Weighing Bones" by Yuan Tian-gang to get this person’s life fortune.
Bone Weight Chart and Songs
If you want calculate your bone weight manually, you can check the bone weight chart to calculate.
In the Bone Weighing Astrology Song by Yuan Tiangang, the birth year, month, date and hour correspond to specific weight, and they are added together to get the total bone weight; there are 52 types of different destiny specific to the total bone weight. Is Chinese bone weight fortunetelling accurate? How accurate is it? Similar with four pillars fortunetelling, the bone weight astrology predicts your fortune or misfortune in the life based on your birth time. It’s based on the Four Pillars of Destiny (i.e. Ba Zi) and is a static reckoning. People's fortune and destiny are not entirely determined by Ba Zi; rather, it can be changed to some extent in the environment after birth. In fact, it is similar to other fortune-telling methods yet just divides people's fates into 52 types. Compared with Ba Zi Fortunetelling and Purple Star Fortunetelling, the bone weight astrology is rougher way of fortune telling and it is less accurate, thus can be used for reference only.